April 30, 2010

New Quest: My glass flameworking adventures!

As you all know... I love glass.
Learning more and more about it everyday... and I'm thankful for the opportunity at Aquila Glass School to have an apprenticeship.
So I took a class taught by Leah Pellegrini called "Torchworking for Fusers".  And wow!  So amazing and fun.  I am looking forward to creating some new glass with torchworked elements in my glass designs.

Here are a few pictures from that class:




We learned how to make glass dots, squiggly lines, petals, leaves, latticino (twisties) and also multi colored dots. If you're interested in taking this class or any other exciting glass class, check out Aquila Glass School.

And to celebrate learning the fun that is flameworking with glass... going to have a custom fused glass coaster set giveaway when I reach 200 facebook fans! Your choice of up to three colors on clear glass, squiggly lines or polka dots for design... tell all your friends!

http://www.facebook.com/amykglass

No comments:

Post a Comment